CES and THE Show 2011 - Las Vegas, USA
- Written by Doug Schneider Doug Schneider
- Parent Category: CES and THE Show 2011 CES and THE Show 2011
- Created: 04 January 2011 04 January 2011
CES 2011 doesn’t start until January 6, but the key to creating a timely, relevant show report is to make sure you’re prepared well ahead of time. We arrived in Las Vegas on January 3, and we started work on January 4 to get a quick head start.
The first thing we did was scope out the surroundings, and then we needed to ensure that we were set up to work long before the event started. CES is held in two locations: the Las Vegas Convention Center (LVCC) and the Venetian. LVCC is home to the largest group of electronics manufacturers, but it’s at the Venetian where you’ll find the bulk of the specialty audio/video manufacturers. We cover both places, but we spend most our time at the Venetian, which was our first stop.
Jeff Fritz eyes the Venetian.
Not everyone can attend CES -- it’s open only to industry personnel including manufacturers, distributors, retailers, and press. So the very first thing we did once inside the Venetian was get our press badges . . .
. . . and then we made a trip to the pressroom, which, in the Venetian, is exceedingly large and well equipped with plenty of work space, lots of food, and an ample supply of coffee for the long hours and late nights. Would this be the perfect place to work on our report? Not quite.
Our goal is to produce the best show report ever and to have it online quicker than anyone. We figured that if you do what everyone else does, you'll get similar results. So we chose an alternate, Wi-Fi-capable location that puts us even closer to the exhibits and will ensure that we’ll be able to work efficiently and without interruption and have our content online faster than before.
Look for the world’s best CES report to start NOW with updates happening throughout each day! Enjoy.
Publisher and Founder, The SoundStage! Network
Most-Read Articles on Global
- CES 2015: Competition is Fierce
- KEF's Killer Compact Monitor: The LS50
- Vitus Audio Masterpiece MP-L201 Preamplifier and Masterpiece MP-M201 Monoblock Amplifiers
- Super Speakers: Results
- Magico A3 Loudspeaker -- the Sound
- More Magico, Less Money: The S5 Loudspeaker
- Cyrus Audio: A Little Philosophy
- Magico A3 Loudspeaker -- the Concept
- A Visit to Devialet's New York City Flagship Store
- Awful Avalon
- The Perfect Power Amp -- Ayre Acoustics' New VX-5
- The Limited-Edition Tribute: Near-Perfect Paradigm
- WideaLab Aurender S10 Music Server
- Wadia’s 321 Decoding Computer: An Affordable Exercise in Style and Substance
- Glorious Giyas: Vivid Audio's New G3