Salon Son & Image 2013 - Montreal, Canada
- Written by Administrator Administrator
- Parent Category: Salon Son & Image 2013 Salon Son & Image 2013
- Created: 23 March 2013 23 March 2013
On March 22 the SoundStage! Network's publisher, Doug Schneider, moderated a panel discussion focused on the topic of women in audio. Invited to the panel were four women deeply involved in the industry: Anna Popva from Conceptas O2A (Switzerland), Agata Mossop from Lenbrook Industries (Canada), Gabi Rijnveld from Crystal Cable (the Netherlands), and Angie Lisi from American Sound and Angie's Audio Corner (Canada).
The women began by each talking about how they got into the audio industry, the challenges of being a woman in a business that many describe and see as a "man's world," and the benefits that a female perspective can bring to the industry. After that, the audience asked questions. The hour-long discussion was lively, highly informative, and very relevant given how the audio marketplace is rapidly changing. Overall, it was a success and it ended with the hope that this topic will be revisited again at next year's Salon Son & Image show.
(Anna Popova, Agata Mossop, Gabi Rijnveld, and Angie Lisi were seated from left to right from the audience's perspective)
Most-Read Last 90 Days
- Magico M9 Loudspeakers: No Compromises Allowed
- Audeze's CRBN: An Actual Game-Changer in High-End Headphones?
- Exploring the Heart of the SVS SB16-Ultra Subwoofer: An Interview with Smith Freeman
- The Technics SU-R1000: Fully Digital Tour de Force Integrated Amplifier Plays Records
- Unboxing the SVS SB16-Ultra Subwoofer
- Temple Audio: In a Class of its Own
- CanJam SoCal 2021: Part 1
- CanJam SoCal 2021: Part 2
- Pairing the SVS SB16-Ultra Subwoofer with My Monitor Audio Speakers