Salon Son & Image 2012 - Montreal, Canada
- Written by Administrator Administrator
- Parent Category: Salon Son & Image 2012 Salon Son & Image 2012
- Created: 25 March 2012 25 March 2012
On March 25, the SoundStage! Network sponsored a one-hour seminar and question-and-answer session featuring six digital-audio experts: James Tanner (Bryston), Jacques Riendeau (Oracle Audio), Dominique Poupart (Simaudio Moon), Jim Hillegas (JRiver), Steve Silberman (AudioQuest), and Joe Harley (AudioQuest). This gallery features images taken throughout the duration of this eye-opening, informative event.
The digital experts panel featuring James Tanner, Jacques Riendeau, Dominique Poupart, Jim Hillegas, Steve Silberman and Joe Harley.
Jacques Riendeau discusses how his company serves the analog and digital markets by producing turntables as well as CD players and DACs.
The panel members get ready to explain their companies' missions and goals.
Dominique Poupart explains Simaudio's mission while Jim Hillegas and the audience members listen.
Joe Harley's and Steve Silberman's views.
Bryston's James Tanner, Oracle Audio's Jacques Riendeau and Simaudio's Dominique Poupart.
James Tanner discusses Bryston's development of the BDP-1 digital player.
The audience listened attentively and freely asked questions for the panel.
Steve Silberman explains the advances in digital-filter technology.
James Tanner obviously enjoyed himself!
Jim Hillegas explains his company's experiments involving optimal playback resolution.
Jacques Riendeau explains how Oracle was able to adapt some of the principles of turntable design to CD transports.
Jacques also explained that his company didn't enter the digital market until they knew they could provide meaningful sonic improvements.
Simaudio's Dominique Poupart talks about the pros and cons of DSD playback.
Jacques Riendeau discusses the differences he heard between digital and analog.
The hour-long discussion concludes.
The panel participants and audience members agreed that the discussion was informative and fun.
Most-Read Articles on Global
- CES 2015: Competition is Fierce
- KEF's Killer Compact Monitor: The LS50
- Vitus Audio Masterpiece MP-L201 Preamplifier and Masterpiece MP-M201 Monoblock Amplifiers
- Super Speakers: Results
- More Magico, Less Money: The S5 Loudspeaker
- Awful Avalon
- The Perfect Power Amp -- Ayre Acoustics' New VX-5
- Cyrus Audio: A Little Philosophy
- The Limited-Edition Tribute: Near-Perfect Paradigm
- WideaLab Aurender S10 Music Server
- Glorious Giyas: Vivid Audio's New G3
- Magico A3 Loudspeaker -- the Sound
- Hegel: 10 to 11 for 0
- TWBAS 2012 Introduction from Las Vegas (Video)
- Wadia’s 321 Decoding Computer: An Affordable Exercise in Style and Substance