MartinLogan - April 16, 2012
- Parent Category: Company Tours Company Tours
Even though the individual components are tested during the assembly process, the entire speaker is tested at the end as a completed system.
A run of ElectroMotion ESLs awaits final testing. The ElectroMotion ESL is MartinLogan's lowest-priced electrostatic-panel-based hybrid design, yet it goes through the same testing procedures as the more expensive models. The ElectroMotion ESL sells for $2200 USD per pair.
Each speaker is placed on a platform and tested for various electrical and acoustical properties . . .
. . . including phase and polarity.
Every speaker must receive a passing grade for all tests before it moves on to cleanup and packaging.
Most-Read Last 90 Days
- The Needle and the Damage Done: Mobile Fidelity's DSD Scandal
- Return of a Legend: Upgrading with the Paradigm Monitor SE 8000F Loudspeakers
- MoFi . . . Just Another Record
- The DALI Kore Loudspeaker Experience: To Copenhagen and Beyond
- Denmark’s DALI Expands Its Global Hi-Fi Reach—Factory Tour and Observations
- Mobile Fidelity and Walking Through the Vinyl Jungle
- The Joys of DIY Audio
- The UK in SoCal for the Bowers & Wilkins 700 Series 3 Launch—Looking and Listening
- CanJam SoCal 2022: Headphones, Part 2
- CanJam SoCal 2022: Earphones
- CanJam SoCal 2022: Headphones, Part 1
- Michi On a Budget?: Celebrating 60 Years of Rotel With the Diamond Series RA-6000 Integrated Amplifier-DAC and DT-6000 DAC/CD Transport