MartinLogan - April 16, 2012
- Parent Category: Company Tours Company Tours
Stator-Panel Building: Part 2
MartinLogan's electrostatic diaphragm is extremely thin but . . .
. . . very strong.
The assembly technician stretches the diaphragm to 30% of its maximum stretch.
The readied stator backs are carefully placed under the diaphragm . . .
. . . and lined up perfectly.
The technician hand stretches the diaphragm across the stator and then . . .
. . . rolls out any wrinkles. The diaphragm must be 100% wrinkle free and it must . . .
. . . form a swooping pattern, similar to a Conestoga wagon.
Most-Read Last 90 Days
- The Bristol Hi-Fi Show 2023, Part 2
- Montreal Audiofest 2023 Product Coverage: Bryston, Simaudio, Totem Acoustic, Luxman
- Montreal Audiofest 2023: Nagra, Wilson Audio, and Siltech Shoot Sparks out of Jason Thorpe
- Montreal Audiofest 2023 Product Coverage: Fonica International, Diptyque, GoldenEar, Angela-Gilbert Yeung, Heaven 11
- The Bristol Hi-Fi Show 2023, Part 1
- Montreal Audiofest 2023: They Have a Robot!
- Montreal Audiofest 2023: Canadian-Sensation Stable 33.33
- Montreal Audiofest 2023: A Flurry of MartinLogans
- Montreal Audiofest 2023: About PS Audio and Fence-Sharing
- Montreal Audiofest 2023: Keeping It Real
- Audio Show East 2023
- The Bristol Hi-Fi Show 2023, Part 3
- Making Acquaintances with Kharma’s Elegance dB7-S Loudspeakers
- Thom’s Top Turntables Today
- New Noise #8: Audio Oopsies