MartinLogan - April 16, 2012
- Parent Category: Company Tours Company Tours
MartinLogan's electrostatic diaphragm is extremely thin but . . .
. . . very strong.
The assembly technician stretches the diaphragm to 30% of its maximum stretch.
The readied stator backs are carefully placed under the diaphragm . . .
. . . and lined up perfectly.
The technician hand stretches the diaphragm across the stator and then . . .
. . . rolls out any wrinkles. The diaphragm must be 100% wrinkle free and it must . . .
. . . form a swooping pattern, similar to a Conestoga wagon.
Most-Read Last 90 Days
- High End 2022: Jeff's Hot Takes
- High End 2022 Sights and Sounds: Magico
- High End 2022 Product Coverage: TriangleArt, Simaudio Moon, Lehmannaudio, Pro-Ject, Monitor Audio, Mission
- High End 2022 Sights and Sounds: TechDAS, CH Precision, Rockport Technologies
- High End 2022 Product Coverage: T+A, Epos, DALI, Vivid Audio, Focal, and Naim
- High End 2022 Product Coverage: MSB Technology, Siltech, Crystal Cable, Audiovector, and Estelon
- High End 2022 Sights and Sounds: SME, Avantgarde
- High End 2022 Sights and Sounds: Naim, Focal
- High End 2022 Sights and Sounds: Auralic, ATC
- High End 2022 Sights and Sounds: Raidho, Moon by Simaudio
- Five Years Living with MartinLogan Masterpiece Classic ESL 9s
- A Day Early at EQ Audio Video's Focal Powered by Naim Grand Opening
- British Short Stack: Getting Acquainted with the Cyrus CDi-XR CD Player and i9-XR Integrated Amplifier-DAC
- New Noise #5: Moving, in Stereo
- The Needle and the Damage Done: Mobile Fidelity's DSD Scandal