MartinLogan - April 16, 2012
- Parent Category: Company Tours Company Tours
Although MartinLogan's electrostatic panels are the parts that consumers identify with the most, every speaker product also has a cabinet made from wood. All the woofer enclosures for the company's Reserve line are built . . .
. . . using advanced CNC machinery. The cabinets are precisely cut from . . .
. . . MDF, which is then . . .
. . . folded and glued to make the necessary shape.
MartinLogan's sales volumes are significant enough that they make dozens of cabinets at a time.
The "non-hybrid" CLX speaker doesn't have a woofer cabinet, but it does have a meticulously cut hardwood frame that's also made in the facility.
Most-Read Last 90 Days
- High End 2022: Jeff's Hot Takes
- High End 2022 Sights and Sounds: Magico
- High End 2022 Product Coverage: TriangleArt, Simaudio Moon, Lehmannaudio, Pro-Ject, Monitor Audio, Mission
- High End 2022 Sights and Sounds: TechDAS, CH Precision, Rockport Technologies
- High End 2022 Product Coverage: T+A, Epos, DALI, Vivid Audio, Focal, and Naim
- High End 2022 Product Coverage: MSB Technology, Siltech, Crystal Cable, Audiovector, and Estelon
- High End 2022 Sights and Sounds: SME, Avantgarde
- High End 2022 Sights and Sounds: Naim, Focal
- High End 2022 Sights and Sounds: Auralic, ATC
- High End 2022 Sights and Sounds: Raidho, Moon by Simaudio
- Five Years Living with MartinLogan Masterpiece Classic ESL 9s
- A Day Early at EQ Audio Video's Focal Powered by Naim Grand Opening
- British Short Stack: Getting Acquainted with the Cyrus CDi-XR CD Player and i9-XR Integrated Amplifier-DAC
- New Noise #5: Moving, in Stereo
- The Needle and the Damage Done: Mobile Fidelity's DSD Scandal