Salon Son & Image 2015 - Montreal, Canada
- Written by Doug Schneider Doug Schneider
- Parent Category: Salon Son & Image 2015 Salon Son & Image 2015
- Created: 28 March 2015 28 March 2015
Salon Son & Image 2015 SnapShots!
Photos taken by Doug Schneider on March 27 and 28
Entranceway to the lower-level Son & Image 2015 exhibits at the Hotel Bonaventure
Corridor to the upper-level exhibits at Salon Son & Image
A replica of the Montreal Olympic Stadium, with a proposed new roof structure (one of the many failings of the structure) by Delaney Technologies
SoundStage!'s Jason Thorpe listening to AudioQuest's NightHawk headphones with Stephen Mejias
PS Audio's Paul McGowan unscrewing the backside of his company's new BHK Signature 250 amplifier to allow for a picture of the tubes inside
Totem Acoustics' Vince Bruzzese mid-demonstration
Bel Canto Design's president, Michael McCormick, cues up music on his tablet.
Philip O'Hanlon, owner of On a Higher Note, the distributor of Luxman and Vivid Audio products in North America
SoundStage!'s Jason Thorpe listening to the Luxman/Vivid Audio system
Muraudio's president and chief designer, Murray Harman
Meridian's MQA demonstration
Montreal retailer Brosseau Audio Video's room, featuring Dali speakers and Moon by Simaudio electronics
PS Audio's Paul McGowan and Don Rhule, owner of Kimbercan, Canadian distributor of PS Audio and numerous other brands
Two top speaker engineers: Paradigm's Oleg Bogdonav (left) and GoldenEar Technology's Martyn Miller
Bryston's James Tanner at the control center of the company's display room
Serious headphone listening in the Woo Audio room
Devialet cofounder Manuel de la Fuente with a few of his company's products
Live recording sessions happened throughout the show . . .
. . . that attendees could listen to through wireless Sennheiser headphones. Cool idea!
Soprano Helene Brunet, accompanied by pianist Jeremy Pelletier, put on a wonderful performance for . . .
. . . a small but highly appreciative crowd.
One of the hidden treasures at the Hotel Bonaventure: the year-round hidden outdoor pool
Most-Read Last 90 Days
- Hans's Main Stereo System: KEF, Hegel, Siltech
- From Microsub to Tactical Nuke: Living with Perlisten's D15s Subwoofer
- Florida International Audio Expo 2023: TAD’s Compact Evolution One—Concentric Excellence
- Florida International Audio Expo 2023: Soundfield Audio’s Obelisk T710—The Most Ambitious Loudspeaker System at the Show
- Florida International Audio Expo 2023: High-End, Very High-End, and Extremely High-End Loudspeakers—Børresen Acoustics, MC Audiotech, and Acora Acoustics
- Florida International Audio Expo 2023: A Study in Speaker Contrasts—Endow Audio Bravura 12 and Clarisys Audio Minuet
- Florida International Audio Expo 2023: Orchard Audio, M101, Shunyata Research, MSB Technology, and Coastal Source
- Florida International Audio Expo 2023: Four-Figure Gear in a Sea of Unobtanium—Soulnote, Diptyque Audio, Audia Flight, Unison Audio, and Moonriver Audio
- The Bristol Hi-Fi Show 2023, Part 2
- The Bristol Hi-Fi Show 2023, Part 1
- Florida International Audio Expo 2023: Introduction Plus Focal and Naim Audio Product Coverage
- Florida International Audio Expo 2023: Pro-Ject Audio Systems, Rotel, RME, and Falcon Acoustics Product Coverage
- Florida International Audio Expo 2023: Avantgarde Acoustic’s Duo GT—High-End Horns from the House of Stereo
- The Bristol Hi-Fi Show 2023, Part 3
- New Noise #8: Audio Oopsies