High End 2022 - Munich, Germany
- Written by Jonathan Gorse Jonathan Gorse
- Parent Category: Shows-Events Shows-Events
- Created: 21 May 2022 21 May 2022
Approximate system cost: €100,000.
The Focal Maestro Utopia Evo paired with some impressive pre/power amplification from partner Naim Audio. The system had all the elements that make Naim and Focal systems so enjoyable. Stunning reproduction of plucked acoustic guitar and a tremendous sense of rhythm and pace made for an engaging listening experience. Everything from the woody taps on an acoustic guitar body to the percussive feeling of hammers on the strings of a piano brought music to life with incredible veracity. This is a system for those who think that being launched off an aircraft carrier by steam catapult in an F/A-18 sounds like a fun way to while away an afternoon.
Senior Contributor, SoundStage!
Most-Read Last 90 Days
- Michi On a Budget?: Celebrating 60 Years of Rotel With the Diamond Series RA-6000 Integrated Amplifier-DAC and DT-6000 DAC/CD Transport
- The Joys of DIY Audio
- The UK in SoCal for the Bowers & Wilkins 700 Series 3 Launch—Looking and Listening
- Hans's New Digs: Living Room System—Focal, NAD, and KEF
- CanJam SoCal 2022: Headphones, Part 2
- New Noise #6: A Fall Arriving
- One Day at Toronto Audiofest 2022
- CanJam SoCal 2022: Headphones, Part 1
- CanJam SoCal 2022: Earphones
- Audio Video Show 2022: Silent Pound’s Challenger Speaker Is Something Special or Shite
- Audio Video Show 2022: The Most Beautiful Speakers in the World
- Audio Video Show 2022: Aretai’s Arm-Twisting Contra 100S Loudspeaker Snags the Runner-up Spot
- Audio Video Show 2022: Pre-Show Warsaw Quickie—Ferrum Audio Factory Tour
- Audio Video Show 2022: Understanding the Three Locations to Better Understand the Show
- Audio Video Show 2022: The Bargain of the Show So Far