High End 2022 - Munich, Germany
- Written by Jonathan Gorse Jonathan Gorse
- Parent Category: Shows-Events Shows-Events
- Created: 21 May 2022 21 May 2022
Approximate system cost: €60,000.
Auralic’s flagship four-box streaming transport, upsampler, DAC, and master reference clock were paired with the legendary ATC SCM100 active monitors. Together, they delivered a supremely transparent and emotive sound. Listening to Vangelis’s glorious “I’ll Find My Way Home” only a day after his sad passing brought tears to the eyes with its intensity. This system demonstrated detail without harshness, superb bass control without bloat, and unfailing neutrality to the source recording. It’s understated in the same way that an Aston Martin is understated, but then somebody hits a bass drum pedal and pictures fall off the wall.
Senior Contributor, SoundStage!
Most-Read Last 90 Days
- Michi On a Budget?: Celebrating 60 Years of Rotel With the Diamond Series RA-6000 Integrated Amplifier-DAC and DT-6000 DAC/CD Transport
- The Joys of DIY Audio
- The UK in SoCal for the Bowers & Wilkins 700 Series 3 Launch—Looking and Listening
- Hans's New Digs: Living Room System—Focal, NAD, and KEF
- CanJam SoCal 2022: Headphones, Part 2
- New Noise #6: A Fall Arriving
- One Day at Toronto Audiofest 2022
- CanJam SoCal 2022: Headphones, Part 1
- CanJam SoCal 2022: Earphones
- Audio Video Show 2022: Silent Pound’s Challenger Speaker Is Something Special or Shite
- Audio Video Show 2022: The Most Beautiful Speakers in the World
- Audio Video Show 2022: Aretai’s Arm-Twisting Contra 100S Loudspeaker Snags the Runner-up Spot
- Audio Video Show 2022: Pre-Show Warsaw Quickie—Ferrum Audio Factory Tour
- Audio Video Show 2022: Understanding the Three Locations to Better Understand the Show
- Audio Video Show 2022: The Bargain of the Show So Far