Magico - March 30, 2011
- Parent Category: Company Tours Company Tours
Magico's new Q-series products best represent their current thinking on high-performance loudspeaker design. The Q-series loudspeaker line currently consists of the four-way Q5 ($59,950/pr.), three-way floorstanding Q3 ($34,000/pr.), and the two-way Q1 (price TBA). On the day of our visit, evidence of Q-series speaker construction was everywhere.
Q-series enclosures await driver insertion and final assembly.
The machined parts are transported from the Magico machine shop to the storage area of the main factory where they await assembly.
A Magico assembly technician wraps the aluminum parts where internal speaker wiring could contact the metal, thereby protecting the wires from potential tears.
Magico's Alon Wolf explains the Q assembly process to Jeff Fritz. This construction process is done in a room dedicated to this task alone.
Crossovers consist of parts from Mundorf, a company located in Germany.
Finished crossovers are housed in dedicated compartments within the Q-series enclosures.
Most-Read Last 90 Days
- Michi On a Budget?: Celebrating 60 Years of Rotel With the Diamond Series RA-6000 Integrated Amplifier-DAC and DT-6000 DAC/CD Transport
- The Joys of DIY Audio
- The UK in SoCal for the Bowers & Wilkins 700 Series 3 Launch—Looking and Listening
- Hans's New Digs: Living Room System—Focal, NAD, and KEF
- CanJam SoCal 2022: Headphones, Part 2
- New Noise #6: A Fall Arriving
- One Day at Toronto Audiofest 2022
- CanJam SoCal 2022: Headphones, Part 1
- CanJam SoCal 2022: Earphones
- Audio Video Show 2022: Silent Pound’s Challenger Speaker Is Something Special or Shite
- Audio Video Show 2022: The Most Beautiful Speakers in the World
- Audio Video Show 2022: Aretai’s Arm-Twisting Contra 100S Loudspeaker Snags the Runner-up Spot
- Audio Video Show 2022: Pre-Show Warsaw Quickie—Ferrum Audio Factory Tour
- Audio Video Show 2022: Understanding the Three Locations to Better Understand the Show
- Audio Video Show 2022: The Bargain of the Show So Far