Magico - March 30, 2011
- Parent Category: Company Tours Company Tours
Magico's new Q-series products best represent their current thinking on high-performance loudspeaker design. The Q-series loudspeaker line currently consists of the four-way Q5 ($59,950/pr.), three-way floorstanding Q3 ($34,000/pr.), and the two-way Q1 (price TBA). On the day of our visit, evidence of Q-series speaker construction was everywhere.
Q-series enclosures await driver insertion and final assembly.
The machined parts are transported from the Magico machine shop to the storage area of the main factory where they await assembly.
A Magico assembly technician wraps the aluminum parts where internal speaker wiring could contact the metal, thereby protecting the wires from potential tears.
Magico's Alon Wolf explains the Q assembly process to Jeff Fritz. This construction process is done in a room dedicated to this task alone.
Crossovers consist of parts from Mundorf, a company located in Germany.
Finished crossovers are housed in dedicated compartments within the Q-series enclosures.
Most-Read Last 90 Days
- Magico M9 Loudspeakers: No Compromises Allowed
- Audeze's CRBN: An Actual Game-Changer in High-End Headphones?
- Exploring the Heart of the SVS SB16-Ultra Subwoofer: An Interview with Smith Freeman
- The Technics SU-R1000: Fully Digital Tour de Force Integrated Amplifier Plays Records
- Unboxing the SVS SB16-Ultra Subwoofer
- Temple Audio: In a Class of its Own
- CanJam SoCal 2021: Part 1
- CanJam SoCal 2021: Part 2
- Pairing the SVS SB16-Ultra Subwoofer with My Monitor Audio Speakers