Magico - March 30, 2011
- Parent Category: Company Tours Company Tours
Unlike companies that modify or spec drivers sourced from outside suppliers, Magico has designed their own driver platforms and builds them with parts they've had manufactured from the ground up. You won't see variants of these drivers in any other company's loudspeakers.
Alon Wolf holds a Magico driver that will be used in a Q-series loudspeaker.
The massive 5" voice coil seen on this Magico driver is a sight to behold.
The Magico cones that go into the speakers use two different weaves of carbon fiber that are encapsulated in a high-modulus epoxy resin saturated with carbon nanotubes for strength and stiffness.
Magico's MBe-1 tweeter is built from aluminum housings they machine in-house.
Magico manufacturers only top-quality products. Even the backplate of the MBe-1 tweeter, something the customer will never see, is engraved and finished to a very high standard.
Few high-end loudspeaker companies design and manufacture their own drive units. Magico's proprietary drivers help set them apart from their competitors.
Most-Read Last 90 Days
- High End 2022: Jeff's Hot Takes
- High End 2022 Sights and Sounds: Magico
- High End 2022 Product Coverage: TriangleArt, Simaudio Moon, Lehmannaudio, Pro-Ject, Monitor Audio, Mission
- High End 2022 Sights and Sounds: TechDAS, CH Precision, Rockport Technologies
- High End 2022 Product Coverage: T+A, Epos, DALI, Vivid Audio, Focal, and Naim
- High End 2022 Product Coverage: MSB Technology, Siltech, Crystal Cable, Audiovector, and Estelon
- High End 2022 Sights and Sounds: SME, Avantgarde
- High End 2022 Sights and Sounds: Naim, Focal
- High End 2022 Sights and Sounds: Auralic, ATC
- High End 2022 Sights and Sounds: Raidho, Moon by Simaudio
- Five Years Living with MartinLogan Masterpiece Classic ESL 9s
- A Day Early at EQ Audio Video's Focal Powered by Naim Grand Opening
- British Short Stack: Getting Acquainted with the Cyrus CDi-XR CD Player and i9-XR Integrated Amplifier-DAC
- New Noise #5: Moving, in Stereo
- The Needle and the Damage Done: Mobile Fidelity's DSD Scandal