RMAF 2012 - Denver, USA
- Written by Jeff Fritz Jeff Fritz
- Parent Category: RMAF 2012 RMAF 2012
- Created: 13 October 2012 13 October 2012
Esoteric is now the US distributor for the French loudspeaker brand Cabasse. Tim Crable, Esoteric's director of sales, said, "The synergy is magical between their point-source loudspeakers and our electronics." Esoteric is no longer in the loudspeaker-manufacturing business, so the pairing is natural because now Esoteric can display and, ultimately, distribute a complete high-end-audio system.
Esoteric distributes the entire Cabasse loudspeaker line in the US, and it comprises 60 models ranging in price from $500/pr. to $205,000/pr. Esoteric will have stock in the US to make delivery timely, we're told. The pairing was making great music in Denver, so to us the partnership seems to fit.
With the recent acquisition announcement of McIntosh by Italian firm Fine Sounds, we're starting to see a serious consolidation of the high end. Whether they combine distribution channels, engineering talent, or marketing resources, partnerships are the order of the day. Is this a good sign? Perhaps for some companies it is. The overall health of the high end might depend on some new business models. Look for more announcements coming soon . . .
Editor-in-Chief, The SoundStage! Network
Most-Read Last 90 Days
- Michi On a Budget?: Celebrating 60 Years of Rotel With the Diamond Series RA-6000 Integrated Amplifier-DAC and DT-6000 DAC/CD Transport
- The Joys of DIY Audio
- The UK in SoCal for the Bowers & Wilkins 700 Series 3 Launch—Looking and Listening
- Hans's New Digs: Living Room System—Focal, NAD, and KEF
- CanJam SoCal 2022: Headphones, Part 2
- New Noise #6: A Fall Arriving
- One Day at Toronto Audiofest 2022
- CanJam SoCal 2022: Headphones, Part 1
- CanJam SoCal 2022: Earphones
- Audio Video Show 2022: Silent Pound’s Challenger Speaker Is Something Special or Shite
- Audio Video Show 2022: The Most Beautiful Speakers in the World
- Audio Video Show 2022: Aretai’s Arm-Twisting Contra 100S Loudspeaker Snags the Runner-up Spot
- Audio Video Show 2022: Pre-Show Warsaw Quickie—Ferrum Audio Factory Tour
- Audio Video Show 2022: Understanding the Three Locations to Better Understand the Show
- Audio Video Show 2022: The Bargain of the Show So Far