Cyrus Audio - September 23-24, 2014
- Written by Hans Wetzel Hans Wetzel
- Parent Category: Company Tours Company Tours
- Created: 20 October 2014 20 October 2014
Cyrus Audio's factory also recently brought in-house the production for its newest line of products: Lyric. Comprising the Lyric 05 and Lyric 09 models, they are hugely "connective" pieces of hardware. From the outside, the two look identical.
Providing 80Wpc and 170Wpc of class-D power, respectively, the Lyric 05 and 09 each contain . . .
. . . a CD transport that uses the latest generation of Cyrus's Servo Evolution platform.
The Lyrics also each include a 24-bit/192kHz-capable DAC board with two optical inputs, two coaxial inputs, two USB Type A ports, and a USB Type B input. Adding to the recipe is AptX Bluetooth; full wireless streaming, which makes use of Cyrus's Cadence app; DAB; FM; and TuneIn Radio. Generic RCA inputs are also featured, as is a pair of configurable line outs, and a 3.5mm headphone jack. I've never seen more flexible pieces of electronics in my life.
The front panel for the Lyric models is made of aluminum and glass. It is not only capacitive in nature, but motion sensitive as well, meaning the backlight activates as you approach it. Very cool!
Jeremy Brown holds a Cyrus remote (the Lyric remote is almost identical). The remote is well put together, with the brushed-metal unit having a built-in backlight.
The final part of the tour brought me to the service group, where Cyrus technicians can either return a legacy product to the same condition as when it was purchased, or, if the owner desires, can have the unit updated to a current-day standard.
A great deal of knowledge is required to be able to service a product that is potentially 30 years old . . .
. . . so it was great to end my tour by seeing a fully restored, over-30-year-old Cyrus One next to a brand-new flagship Lyric integrated amplifier-DAC
Senior Contributor, SoundStage!
Most-Read Articles on Global
- CES 2015: Competition is Fierce
- KEF's Killer Compact Monitor: The LS50
- Vitus Audio Masterpiece MP-L201 Preamplifier and Masterpiece MP-M201 Monoblock Amplifiers
- Super Speakers: Results
- More Magico, Less Money: The S5 Loudspeaker
- Magico A3 Loudspeaker -- the Sound
- Awful Avalon
- Cyrus Audio: A Little Philosophy
- The Perfect Power Amp -- Ayre Acoustics' New VX-5
- Magico A3 Loudspeaker -- the Concept
- The Limited-Edition Tribute: Near-Perfect Paradigm
- WideaLab Aurender S10 Music Server
- Glorious Giyas: Vivid Audio's New G3
- Hegel: 10 to 11 for 0
- Wadia’s 321 Decoding Computer: An Affordable Exercise in Style and Substance