Cyrus Audio - September 23-24, 2014
- Written by Hans Wetzel Hans Wetzel
- Parent Category: Company Tours Company Tours
- Created: 20 October 2014 20 October 2014
Cyrus Audio Factory Tour: Part 2
Cyrus Audio's factory also recently brought in-house the production for its newest line of products: Lyric. Comprising the Lyric 05 and Lyric 09 models, they are hugely "connective" pieces of hardware. From the outside, the two look identical.
Providing 80Wpc and 170Wpc of class-D power, respectively, the Lyric 05 and 09 each contain . . .
. . . a CD transport that uses the latest generation of Cyrus's Servo Evolution platform.
The Lyrics also each include a 24-bit/192kHz-capable DAC board with two optical inputs, two coaxial inputs, two USB Type A ports, and a USB Type B input. Adding to the recipe is AptX Bluetooth; full wireless streaming, which makes use of Cyrus's Cadence app; DAB; FM; and TuneIn Radio. Generic RCA inputs are also featured, as is a pair of configurable line outs, and a 3.5mm headphone jack. I've never seen more flexible pieces of electronics in my life.
The front panel for the Lyric models is made of aluminum and glass. It is not only capacitive in nature, but motion sensitive as well, meaning the backlight activates as you approach it. Very cool!
Jeremy Brown holds a Cyrus remote (the Lyric remote is almost identical). The remote is well put together, with the brushed-metal unit having a built-in backlight.
The final part of the tour brought me to the service group, where Cyrus technicians can either return a legacy product to the same condition as when it was purchased, or, if the owner desires, can have the unit updated to a current-day standard.
A great deal of knowledge is required to be able to service a product that is potentially 30 years old . . .
. . . so it was great to end my tour by seeing a fully restored, over-30-year-old Cyrus One next to a brand-new flagship Lyric integrated amplifier-DAC
Senior Contributor, SoundStage!
Most-Read Last 90 Days
- Hans's Main Stereo System: KEF, Hegel, Siltech
- From Microsub to Tactical Nuke: Living with Perlisten's D15s Subwoofer
- The Bristol Hi-Fi Show 2023, Part 2
- Florida International Audio Expo 2023: TAD’s Compact Evolution One—Concentric Excellence
- Florida International Audio Expo 2023: Soundfield Audio’s Obelisk T710—The Most Ambitious Loudspeaker System at the Show
- Florida International Audio Expo 2023: High-End, Very High-End, and Extremely High-End Loudspeakers—Børresen Acoustics, MC Audiotech, and Acora Acoustics
- Florida International Audio Expo 2023: A Study in Speaker Contrasts—Endow Audio Bravura 12 and Clarisys Audio Minuet
- Florida International Audio Expo 2023: Orchard Audio, M101, Shunyata Research, MSB Technology, and Coastal Source
- Florida International Audio Expo 2023: Four-Figure Gear in a Sea of Unobtanium—Soulnote, Diptyque Audio, Audia Flight, Unison Audio, and Moonriver Audio
- The Bristol Hi-Fi Show 2023, Part 1
- Florida International Audio Expo 2023: Introduction Plus Focal and Naim Audio Product Coverage
- Florida International Audio Expo 2023: Pro-Ject Audio Systems, Rotel, RME, and Falcon Acoustics Product Coverage
- Florida International Audio Expo 2023: Avantgarde Acoustic’s Duo GT—High-End Horns from the House of Stereo
- The Bristol Hi-Fi Show 2023, Part 3
- New Noise #8: Audio Oopsies